Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Country Chic Wedding: The Planner

Blog segment submitted by Carly Rager, Carly Rager Event Design & Coordinating

I must say that this couple just stole my heart. From the first meeting with Jac & Houston I knew that without a doubt they were completely in love and meant to be... My first contact with Jac was simply through a few email exchanges...a few days later Jac wanted to set up a meeting to interview me...I must say the meeting went amazing, we hit it off and I think I may have had more ideas about their "country chic rustic wedding" than she expected. I get very excited about new and different ideas...

My number one goal in any wedding is to make sure the bride's vision comes to life. When she said country chic but also rustic my mind immediately thought of burlap and milk glass. She absolutely loved hydrangea and brought me a picture of her ideal bouquet. I had no doubt in my mind that Sango Village Florist would be able to handle the job for her simple, understated yet beautiful floral idea. Jac had been trying to work out arrangements with a photographer and was having trouble getting calls back and definite answers. After a few weeks of this I suggested that she and Houston just go and have a meeting with Joanie @ Joan of Art Photography. I knew she would wow them with her amazing personality and awesome pictures. So that was 2 things off the list.

...We booked The Cumberland Room for March 12, 2011 and were on our way to getting everything in place. Jac had asked me if I knew of any churches that were close to the reception. I told her about this cute little country church that sat on top of a hill just right down the road. She and Houston took a drive out there and instantly knew that Antioch United Methodist Church was the place where the two of them would be married.

When it came to cakes, this was easy. One tasting with Heather of Covered with Icing, Jac booked her on the spot. Now on to finding a caterer. When trying to find a caterer I always like to call ahead and get prices, because while some may have amazing food sometimes it comes with out of budget prices. Budget is the second most important thing to me when planning a wedding. I had heard that Relish was getting into special event catering so I gave them a call...I set up a tasting for that same week...We tasted baked chicken breast with an option of 4 dipping sauces, loaded mashed potatoes, home style green beans and mac~n~cheese. Leisa also whipped up some flavored teas and spritzers. We left that night and the two were going to talk it over. First thing the next morning Jac called me to ask if I could get the contract and get them locked in for the date.

Now that we have come to the end of 2010 and were heading in to 2011, I sat Jac up a meeting with Jenifer Shaffer of You're Invited Invitations. We were just about 3 months away and the time to get invitations out was quickly coming. Jenifer was able to create a very personal invitation for Jac and Houston as well as address and mail the invites for them. This was such a relief for Jac. She did not have to worry one bit with any of it. Jac and I met up at the Clarksville Brides Bridal show in January and I introduced her to a few of my favorite vendors. First on the list was Danielle and Marshall of Clarksville Linen Rental. We sat at their booth and picked out the linen colors that would suit our overall idea. Next stop was to see DJ Folley of Big Fish Entertainment for DJ service and lighting. Last stop was to show Jac the new photo booth that Party Station Rentals had just received the week before the show...

Who would have thought that 7 months ago when we picked March 12, 2011 as THE day, it would be 74 degrees and the sun would be shining, I mean technically it was still winter! It was an absolute perfect day for a perfect couple. Congratulations Jac and Houston. Thank you for letting me have such a large part in planning your amazing wedding day. The two of you and your families were a blessing to work with.
-Carly Rager

Click here to read the full posts on Carly Rager's Blog.

Carly Rager Event Design & Coordinating
Website: carlyrager.com
Phone: 615-417-1283
Email: carlyragerevents@gmail.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000527623713&ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment